- The host should be prepared to pay a per day honorarium plus all expenses (round-trip travel from Boston, hotel, and meals).
- It is the host’s responsibility to estimate expenses.
- There is an additional fee for a teacher workshop / library-association talk if it is requested as part of a school visit.
Length of stay:
- Regarding school visits, the author prefers to have two to four days of local school visits coordinated by primary contact. Exceptions can be made.
- School Visits: Jack can work with K-12 and will do three sessions with students grouped in appropriate grade levels. Assemblies are fine. If requested, will do a teacher workshop / library-association talk for an additional fee.
- Conferences / Professional Associations: He will do one to three presentations; any size group.
- Grades K-3: The author focuses on the development of a picture book. Using Rotten Ralph as the main character, Jack takes the children through the literary elements of storyboarding.
- Grades 4-6: He works with the children on journaling—how to set up a journal, map out and brainstorm ideas, and then pull ideas from the journal to work into a short story; goes over character development, situation, climax, and denouement.
- Grades 7 & up: Jack can do a creative writing workshop with the students or talk about the influences on his development as a writer or some combination thereof.
- Conferences / Professional Associations: He will gear his talk according to the organizations needs / themes.
Have any other questions?Contact Jack